I am running for CCISD School Board District 1 because:
- I believe having a strong school district is paramount to our community. I have been a community volunteer for many years and I welcome the challenge of school board service
- State funding and the economy have had a significant impact on the school district budget. I want to assist by using my unique skill mix to bring fresh ideas and approaches to strengthen our district.
My goals as a trustee of the Clear Creek ISD School Board:
- Ensure we provide the students in the district a quality education in a nurturing, challenging and safe environment.
- Encourage a cost efficient approach to expenses. Where possible use effectiveness measurements and best practices of governments and businesses to ensure effectiveness. Hopefully, the bond election will pass and I will ensure that money is spent with quality, cost-effective contractors.
- Be visible and accessible to the those in CCISD.
- Be a positive member of the board who respects and works well with other trustees and district administration.
Committed volunteer with relevant experience in child related non-profit organizations, business and city government:
- Experience in non-profit organizations that support children including:
- Clear Creek Education Foundation supporting Clear Creek ISD
- Mentor of three children with Big Brothers Big Sisters for 15 years and served on Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters Houston.
- Served as Mayor of Seabrook, Seabrook City Council Position 6 and President of Seabrook Economic Development Corporation.
- Strong business background as Project Executive with a major corporation, responsible for multi-million dollar projects.
Business leadership community experience as Board Chairman for the West Chambers County Chamber of Commerce and serving on other non-profit organizations Board of Directors in the Bay Area.
web site was designed by AKA Design Solutions
Political Advertising paid for by Gary Renola